I know I am crazy late this week for Berry’s Book Meme, but I was so swamped with work and I also managed to injure my back, which made sitting on the computer for anything more than 15 mins a total never-ending torture.
But I am ready now and here we go!
“Meme instructions: Copy and paste the following questions and answers into your post, delete my answers and input your own. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments so we can all come and see. If you create an image for this meme, feel free to share it in the Blog Memes Flickr Group.”
- Are you a bookworm? – Totally, when I read I actually suffer from Tempus Fugit, I cannot help it, I just love to lose myself in them.
- Which do you prefer: hardcover, paperback or electronic? – Well when it comes to books on Principle and I love both Hardcovers and paperback, it really depends which I have available at the moment of purchase. But I have moved quite a bit in the last 5/6 years or so, I came to the sad conclusion that packing and unpacking my books was a nightmare, so I allowed a friend to convince me to get a Kindle which I did, and after I got my hands on the ipad, let’s just say that I have all the apps installed from iBooks, Kindle, Nook and even Marvin.
- Which book is your favorite? – I could not name a favorite book that I could find a favorite star in the sky, there are those that I am really attached to such Qui est ce garçon? that still makes me howl in laughter every time I read it. It’s been 20 years and it never gets old! I mean there are tons that I love to read over and over again, such as Jane Eyre, The Hunger Games (1st Book), anything by Cassie Clare or my always beloved Alexandre Dumas.
- Which children’s book is your favorite? – I dont recall any children’s book that I actually read, but my oldest memories are from my dad and I in bed reading Gulliver’s Travels together, one page each. I think my love of reading came from there. But then my uncle used to spoil me as well with the Adventures of Tintin, they are not really books but hey, reading is reading!
- What’s the last book you’ve read? – I have gone back into browsing The Hobbit, I got so much into Kili thanks to The Desolation of Smaug that I had to know, I say browsing and not reading cause I absolutely hate Tolkien’s writing style.
- Name your top five favorite writers: – Alexandre Dumas, Nicole de Buron, Dan Brown, Robert Galbraith, Cassandra Clare, Victor Hugo, G.R.R. Martin etc…
- Name a book that had a strong impact on you: – The Prince
- Favorite & least favorite book genres? – I will read anything as long as it is Fiction, though I do love biographies, one especially of Catherine the Great by Henri Troyat that I adore and it is only recently that I have bothered with “Fantasy” by devouring the Game of Thrones series
- Favorite & least favorite book-to-movie adaptions? – I have loved seeing the North and South Tv adaptation with Richard Armitage, the book is by Elizabeth Gaskell, I do seem to recall, I used it as inspiration in a previous blog post. However, the one that has really upset me is the Adaptation of Game of Thrones, they started changing some details from the books and that pissed me off so badly that I stopped watching the show. Now I know the books are seriously intricate and so so detailed, but still, I wanted for sure the plot to follow. What can I say, I am really crazy attached to some of the characters and seeing changes well really upset me.
- Have you ever bought a book based on the cover alone? – Hmm… tough one, its more on what is written on the back cover if one does seem to stand out enough for me to pick it up at the bookstore or at the library. The story has to appeal to me on some level.
- Where do you usually buy your books? – A lot from Amazon, as I live in Switzerland it is not always easy to find my books in English as I want them, so Amazon it is and sometimes Barnes and Noble. Since I have all the apps also installed on my ipad, I do buy them also as electronic books as well. But there are a lot of sites on the internet where you get your hands on epubs with for example Project Gutemberg where you can get your hands on piles and piles of classics.
- Do you go to the library? – Used to a LOT! in Zurich, I don’t go since I have 0 interest in books in German and the English and French books sections are so small my own collection is greater.
- How many books do you own? – On my ipad and Kindle we can safely say that I have over 1000, and in printed format I should have about a 100 and this is just my stuff in Zurich I prolly have another 200+ @ home in France.
- If you were to write a book about Second Life, which topic would you focus on? haha… sex and second life or maybe men and second life!
What I am wearing:
- TRUTH HAIR Perla — light blondes
- –Glam Affair — Aria skin — Asia — Combination 02 C
- –Glam Affair — Aria — Nose 03
- –Glam Affair — Aria — Freckles 03
- –Glam Affair — Aria — Lipstick Cupid — 08
- [MAGIC NOOK] Aztec Necklace MESH @ TDRF
- DRIFT Flirty Babydoll Top [MESH]Valentines Silk Set w/HUD
Books and Plates:
- Noodles — Books to Imagination @ The Arcade
- Kuro — Decorative plates for The Challenge