It has been a great great while since I have done any of Berry’s Memes, so this week I am back as I am trying to get myself out of the funk I have been in.
This week Berry asks 20 different questions and here are my answers:
“Meme instructions: Answer the following 20 personal questions about your Second Life. Don’t forget to share a link to your post in the comments!”
- When and how did you discover Second Life? – It was in Sept 2006, I read an article about it in a newspaper of magazine.
- Did you know about virtual worlds before or was this your first experience with them? – I had no idea, I knew about games online, I remember cause my brother’s best friend was addicted to Diablo 2 and we had a Nintendo at home. That was it really.
- Has Second Life met your expectations? – I did not expect much, though Orientation island was a mess and I was so confused. But after meeting people some of which I am still very good friends with in RL now, I figured it was alright.
- If you could teleport back to the first ten minutes of your avatar’s slife, what would you tell yourself? – Tp out of Orientation Island and off to Phantom now woman!
- How long did it take you to master avatar flying and driving vehicles inworld? – Flying was easy, as for vehicles, well let’s say it was interesting lag was always there to ruin the fun. I think I have a sports car and a bike in my inventory but I have not used them in years!
- Do you have a mystery alt? – I do have one that I have never used, gave it to a friend of mine for a while but that was it.
- Is your SL avatar a reflection of you, or someone you wished you could be? – Personality wise, just like Berry I am me, it is too exhausting to RP or pretend tbh. With me, what you see if what you get personality wise. As for the body, well I did try to base Angel’s face on mine and the body is a much improved version of me. Let us be honest I could never be 7 feet tall and that skinny!
- Is there an individual you met in SL that inspired you in your RL? How? – I dont think anyone inpired me per say, but it made me realise that I was really what I would refer to as a decent human being compared to the creeps or weirdos you meet. It was more eye opening than anything else.
- Do you feel it is easier to create stronger bonds/relationships with people you meet inworld as opposed to the real world? – I used to think quite naively that others in SL were like me, just having fun, until well you get stabbed in the back or get constantly lied to. Some very strong bonds were created and proof of that is my bestie whom I met pretty much my first week in SL and has become in RL also my cruise partner. With him and others it was easy, but SL made me more guarded in RL and in world too these recent years. I don’t get friendly with people as easily anymore.
- Did you ever imagine or believe people could fall in love with someone they never met before Second Life? – Yes, it happened to me back ages ago over IRC. SL put a “body” to the chat, I used to say SL was a glorified chat.
- How has your perspective of dating changed (or not) since you started playing second life? – Men! Can’t live with them… can’t shoot them! I can in SL though… my dating life has never been a grand success, someone broke my heart badly in SL, but there is someone now I care about and we take it really easy. Both our schedules are nuts. So when we hang out it’s great.
- How has your perspective of employment changed (or not) since you started playing second life? – It has, I was able to add to my CV (resume) my old projects and collaborations. After all, and nothing to do with SL but I am writing my MBA dissertation on Virtual Teams. That says it all.
- Name three things in both your lives that overlap each other significantly. – Creativity, Friendships, Learning new skills
- If you could live your life more immersively in a virtual world, would you? (Kind of like the Matrix) – When I started I got addicted quickly, and after SL when I started playing WOW, I got super addicted there too. So now I make time and force myself to log only a few hours a day. Unlike before if I don’t sleep, I am a mess!
- How do you think behavior changes for people if they’re inworld vs in real world? Why do you think that is? – Just a Berry said, some people think they can be rude and mean and all downright horrid! All I can say is Karma is gonna hit them hard, cause frankly if you cannot be yourself virtually where can you be?
- How has second life consumerism changed your perception of spending habits, the value of money, the need to be “bleeding edge” with fashion? – I can safely say that I shop more in SL than in RL. in RL I make my own fashion choices. Maybe because I am french I tend to go towards timeless classic that never go out of fashion and can be worn over the years without sticking out. Edgy fashion is great, and I leave that to SL where it is “cheaper”
- Do you think virtual worlds like SL drive and redefine human interaction or do they narrow and limit it? – SL did change things for all of its users, but as to make a global impact I am not quite sure. We are depending on our tech more and more every day. I find it kinda funny that now people cannot live without sharing with the world every thought that goes through their heads. Frankly, that annoys the crap out of me. I think we are in a period where we are learning to use all these tools at our disposal, but we will be making HUGE mistakes and hopefully the coming generations won’t be making too much fun of us.
- If technology progressed tomorrow to allow you to send emotions to people the way you’d send text or voice messages, would it enrich your SL experience or infringe on it? – That I am not sure how to answer, I will need to ponder it further!
- Name three skills you attribute to having learned or honed in second life alone. – Photoshop, Photography, InDesign
- If your grand kids googled your Second Life Avatar’s name, would they be intrigued, disgusted, proud or something else? – If my blog is still up and about maybe they would be keen to ask questions and see what I was up to back in the old days.
What I am wearing:
- -Glam Affair – Lulu ( America ) 01 D
- tram C407 hair / cork (size40)
- DN Mesh: Bubba Romper
- 22769 ~ [accessories] Circles Necklace Orange Platinum @ L’accessories started on May 15th
- Ingenue :: Sophia Heels (Slink Add-On) :: Sand
Another Monday, and a new Challenge is here! I have come to look forward to Berry’s Challenges cause they are always fun and interesting. So we just gained an hour, so we can safely say that Spring is here.
“Meme Instructions: Share a spring-themed picture and/or answer the following questions about the season. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments and share your picture in the Blog Memes Flickr Group.”
- What is the spring season like where you live? – I live in Switzerland, and I have to say that Spring is lovely. Though this year Winter was not overly cold or bad at all compared to some other locations on the planet, Spring is green and lush and usually the best time of year before we start roasting under the sun in Summer.
- What’s the first thing that pops into your head when you think of spring? – No more heavy coats and boots! I think that comes from my 10-year stint living in the UK where I pretty much wore a coat and boots all year long. With the exception of a few days of good weather here and there if we were lucky.
- Which spring-themed sim in Second Life is your favorite at the moment? – Thought it is not really themed in particular, I do love Alirium cause it has different themed gardened areas and I just love shooting photos there from time to time.
What I am wearing:
- TRUTH HAIR Haters – light blondes
- -Glam Affair – Brandi – America 05 B
- (Kunglers) TDRF #036 – strapless dress – floral
- [Con.] & :CP: Dragonfly Garden Log Adult
This week’s Berry Challenge was quite a surprise and I was in a moment’s panic that I could not do it! But then I remembered that I once modelled for Tristan a small series of dance poses and I recall that I shot my own pictures while he was working and kept them in my Dropbox unused! So yay for allowing me to pull one out!! Woot Woot!
“Meme Instructions: Share a photo and/or video of your avatar dancing in Second Life. Also answer the following questions and share your favorite dances and animation stores with us. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments and share your pictures in the Blog Memes Flickr Group.”
- Which dance are you sharing in the image/video and where is it from? This is an old old shot for a dance pose from Wetcat that Tristan was working on and I ended up playing model for. This particular one is called Last Dance. (haha seems like we took an identical shot!!)
- Which is your favorite dance in Second Life? – Slowdance v.3 from Bits and Bobs, it is bloody ancient but still is my favorite to this day. There are other versions, but 3 is my special one!
- What are your favorite dance animation stores in Second Life? – I don’t dance that much in Second Life anymore. Though in fairness I did go with Garrett to The Blue Note not too long ago and had a good time. Most of the animations I have are ancient probably form my first year or 2 in SL, such as dances from Sinewave that fill my old chimera (back when I worked as hostess @ a strip club) or the couple dances from Bits that I still have somewhere in my inventory but hardly use anymore.
- Are you a frequent dancer in Second Life? – I used to be, not so much anymore. I have become less and less social and if I really wanna go dancing even after all these years I end up at the Blue Note. I think I would be totally lost if the Blue Note ever closed down as I love the fact that it is quiet cause clubs in general drive me nuts with the overuse of silly gestures!
- Are you a frequent dancer in the real world? – If there is a good song or good music playing I will catch myself dancing to it, it makes no difference if I am standing or sat down.. I tend to shake my bootay!
This week Berry’s come up with a Book Cover Meme! Which is totally great as I read a lot I have thousand choices to pick from. I recently re-started reading the Fallen series now that it is done and I though I would use it as inspiration.
“Meme instructions: Create a book cover to show your avatar in fiction. It does not have to be based on a real book, it can be one that you make up. Don’t forget to leave a link to your cover in the comments and share it in the Blog Memes flickr group.”
Book inspiration: Lauren Kate’s Fallen series
What I am wearing:
- TRUTH HAIR Qopi – LightBlondes05
- -Glam Affair – Aria skin – Asia – Combination 03 C
- GizzA – Mila Gown [Cream] (unpacked)
- Label Motion – Ally Poses
Ooh this one has my name all over it! This week’s Berry’s Meme is about sex… so Let’s talk about sex!
“Meme instructions: Answer the following sexual questions because I am a perv and want to know all about your sex lives. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments so I can perv all over your answers, multiple times.”
Sexual Questions: (for RL and/or SL)
- What is your sexual orientation or do you not like to label yourself? – I am just plain boringly straight. Though a girl did kiss me in college.
- Name a physical attribute that you find attractive or sexy. – I have a thing for deep sexy voices (one great voice can overrule any physical flaw… almost) and blue grey eyes. Other than that, I can say that I would tend to prefer my men taller (girl gotta wear her heels) than me and fit. I dont like the overly muscular types in either life to be honest, so long as as the guy in a decent shape, I am not fussy.
- Are you promiscuous, a prude or in between? – I was never the promiscuous type, I think growing up when I did and hitting those years when it was all about AIDS kinda made me very cautious. I think as a newbie in SL, I did go through an oversexed phase for a few days but even that gets very old. I would rather have one good guy that I can have fun and be myself with than anything else. I mean other than my date with Garrett a few weeks back (That was thanks to Berry’s Fake Marriage!) , I haven’t dated anyone in SL in about 2/3 years I guess which in SL time is an eternity, it is hard to meet really good guys.
- What turns you on? – I like smart, give me smart funny guy and I can be easily hooked, and if we go back to the sexy voice whispering sweet nothings, yes that is it I am weak in the knees. However, recently there is a certain someone that plays with his guitar when we talk on skype and yes.. well… you can scoop me off the floor now for sure!
- Are you dominant or submissive? – I think I am a switch for play or being naughty but I must confess that though I have a more dominant personality I have never been interested in submissive men. I tend to prefer an equal partner.
- Are you into sexual roleplay? – I don’t mind experimenting in SL, I find that it is a “safe” place to do so. If scenarios are being fantasied about by my partner I like to discuss them prior and make sure I am comfy with it than have a go at it mid-action and me not being prepared for it. But then I think things like these work best when you really know someone and they know you and have been together a while, for me it is the best combo. I am warning you do not expect me to be on my knees and call anyone master anytime soon or with a straight face. Other than that, I always feel it depends on the mood and the situation.
- Which sexual position is your favorite? – I dont know.. hard to pick a favorite…
- Do you have any fetishes? – I do not believe I have any fetish in particular… funny all these years and I never thought of that.
- Have you or would you do porn, amateur or professional? – Nah, I mean everyone knows I like to take my “naked” pics, I dont consider that porn. I would never do it in RL and in SL I might shoot one naughty pic with someone but it would be tasteful and most likely not really shared.
- Do you consider yourself sexy? – Sexy is a mindset, so there will be times when I would feel sexy, but it is not realistic to maintain that 100% of the time.
What I am wearing:
- [LeLutka]-SEIKO hair – Praline
- ~Blacklace~ Lydia: Black Lace Bra Set @ WCF
- ! !SSD ~ Mata Hari Jeweled Stiletto ~~ Bridal Pack
- Diesel Works – Modeling Chair V.2011R
Ha haaa… this week I am doing it early so that I do not get overly swamped with RL and have to leave my contribution for the week end!
So this is an interesting one as Berry has blogged for this week’s New-to-me Meme a male mesh head. I sure would not blog a mesh head, I love my face too much :-p. But looking at her lovely pic it made me realise that I have never done any portraits featuring male avatars. Over the past few months, I think I got my female profile picture taking and editing nearly as close to perfect as I can manage, but I cannot do all the softy stuff with a guy now can I?
“Meme instructions: Blog something you’ve never blogged before and/or something you normally wouldn’t blog. This is more of a photography themed meme, with a focus on visuals of the item(s) you’ve never blogged before, however, if you prefer to make it a written meme and just write about something you normally wouldn’t write about, that’ll work as well. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments and share your images in the blog memes flickr group.”
A couple of weeks ago I did confess in my Meet The Darcys post that I got my hands on the Kevin skin and shape from C88 from Tableau Vivant, so I figured I would transmorf again into a male version for this shot.
I can tell you it is quite hard to drop the frills and effects, but I think, I did make a decent clean shot, actually I am quite happy about it! Is it too weird if I say that I am in lust with my manly self?
He is wearing:
- Legal Insanity – Jerry jacket herringbone grey
I know I am crazy late this week for Berry’s Book Meme, but I was so swamped with work and I also managed to injure my back, which made sitting on the computer for anything more than 15 mins a total never-ending torture.
But I am ready now and here we go!
“Meme instructions: Copy and paste the following questions and answers into your post, delete my answers and input your own. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments so we can all come and see. If you create an image for this meme, feel free to share it in the Blog Memes Flickr Group.”
- Are you a bookworm? – Totally, when I read I actually suffer from Tempus Fugit, I cannot help it, I just love to lose myself in them.
- Which do you prefer: hardcover, paperback or electronic? – Well when it comes to books on Principle and I love both Hardcovers and paperback, it really depends which I have available at the moment of purchase. But I have moved quite a bit in the last 5/6 years or so, I came to the sad conclusion that packing and unpacking my books was a nightmare, so I allowed a friend to convince me to get a Kindle which I did, and after I got my hands on the ipad, let’s just say that I have all the apps installed from iBooks, Kindle, Nook and even Marvin.
- Which book is your favorite? – I could not name a favorite book that I could find a favorite star in the sky, there are those that I am really attached to such Qui est ce garçon? that still makes me howl in laughter every time I read it. It’s been 20 years and it never gets old! I mean there are tons that I love to read over and over again, such as Jane Eyre, The Hunger Games (1st Book), anything by Cassie Clare or my always beloved Alexandre Dumas.
- Which children’s book is your favorite? – I dont recall any children’s book that I actually read, but my oldest memories are from my dad and I in bed reading Gulliver’s Travels together, one page each. I think my love of reading came from there. But then my uncle used to spoil me as well with the Adventures of Tintin, they are not really books but hey, reading is reading!
- What’s the last book you’ve read? – I have gone back into browsing The Hobbit, I got so much into Kili thanks to The Desolation of Smaug that I had to know, I say browsing and not reading cause I absolutely hate Tolkien’s writing style.
- Name your top five favorite writers: – Alexandre Dumas, Nicole de Buron, Dan Brown, Robert Galbraith, Cassandra Clare, Victor Hugo, G.R.R. Martin etc…
- Name a book that had a strong impact on you: – The Prince
- Favorite & least favorite book genres? – I will read anything as long as it is Fiction, though I do love biographies, one especially of Catherine the Great by Henri Troyat that I adore and it is only recently that I have bothered with “Fantasy” by devouring the Game of Thrones series
- Favorite & least favorite book-to-movie adaptions? – I have loved seeing the North and South Tv adaptation with Richard Armitage, the book is by Elizabeth Gaskell, I do seem to recall, I used it as inspiration in a previous blog post. However, the one that has really upset me is the Adaptation of Game of Thrones, they started changing some details from the books and that pissed me off so badly that I stopped watching the show. Now I know the books are seriously intricate and so so detailed, but still, I wanted for sure the plot to follow. What can I say, I am really crazy attached to some of the characters and seeing changes well really upset me.
- Have you ever bought a book based on the cover alone? – Hmm… tough one, its more on what is written on the back cover if one does seem to stand out enough for me to pick it up at the bookstore or at the library. The story has to appeal to me on some level.
- Where do you usually buy your books? – A lot from Amazon, as I live in Switzerland it is not always easy to find my books in English as I want them, so Amazon it is and sometimes Barnes and Noble. Since I have all the apps also installed on my ipad, I do buy them also as electronic books as well. But there are a lot of sites on the internet where you get your hands on epubs with for example Project Gutemberg where you can get your hands on piles and piles of classics.
- Do you go to the library? – Used to a LOT! in Zurich, I don’t go since I have 0 interest in books in German and the English and French books sections are so small my own collection is greater.
- How many books do you own? – On my ipad and Kindle we can safely say that I have over 1000, and in printed format I should have about a 100 and this is just my stuff in Zurich I prolly have another 200+ @ home in France.
- If you were to write a book about Second Life, which topic would you focus on? haha… sex and second life or maybe men and second life!
What I am wearing:
- TRUTH HAIR Perla — light blondes
- –Glam Affair — Aria skin — Asia — Combination 02 C
- –Glam Affair — Aria — Nose 03
- –Glam Affair — Aria — Freckles 03
- –Glam Affair — Aria — Lipstick Cupid — 08
- [MAGIC NOOK] Aztec Necklace MESH @ TDRF
- DRIFT Flirty Babydoll Top [MESH]Valentines Silk Set w/HUD
Books and Plates:
- Noodles — Books to Imagination @ The Arcade
- Kuro — Decorative plates for The Challenge
Funny how things are, just early this morning, I was moaning about PS and picture editing and the waves of despair it brings daily into my life. And now dear Berry gives us a Black and White Portrait Challenge! See I knew this was gonna come and bite me in the Cute bootay so to speak!
At least, that was lucky since I have been trying to practice portrait taking this week end and I had shared some already on my Flickr, I figured I would use what Berry started and go from there! Honestly, after the long long long… never-ending day at work I have had, lets say that inspiration is not present, and well I have used the format Berry has chosen for hers wearing jewels (I hope you don’t mind)!
Thank you Berry for this, and I do hope you have a lovely holiday!
And here is my original shot:
Since, I am back on until I get busy again, I get to do this week’s Berry’s Meme, here are her instructions:
“Meme Instructions: Copy and paste the questions and answers below, delete my answers and input your own. The twist is, the final question you need to change and make up your own best & worst that you want to share. Don’t forget to leave a link to your post in the comments.”
- Best thing about Second Life: Meetings some great people and being creative in ways you did not know you could
Worst thing about Second Life: Meeting people that appeared to be great, but ended up being HUGE fakes!
- Best thing in your inventory: haha, I have a Penis gun too! However, I love my first Angel necklace
Worst thing in your inventory: My old wedding ring
- Best earliest SL memory: Staying up for hours chatting in the Hammock with Zephy, Ken and Chrissy @ Phantom
Worst earliest SL memory: Dying for the first time in world, and ending up in hell!
- Best thing you learned because of SL: Photography and being creative.
Worst thing you learned because of SL: People are really not worth it!
- Best thing about blogging: I think it is the progress I made in photography between my very early shots and what I can produce today! I also love meeting amazing designers that have become good friends over time and shared their love of creation with me.
Worst thing about blogging: I will have to second what Berry said in her post, and in my case, having to put blogs on hold on my Syndication site for their average/poor quality and people taking it as their due, not understanding that any shot does not blogger/photographer make. (Though I am always first to admit that there are way better photgraphers than me!)
- Best thing to have discovered in SL one evening in 2006: Making out poseballs :-p
Worst thing to have discovered in SL one evening in 2006: The one who broke my heart 3 years later and was a waste of time!
What I an wearing:
- [LeLutka]-HELEN base – IrishRed
- -Glam Affair – Elvi – America – 02 E
- DuckNipple Mesh: Ezel Dress
Another one of Berry’s Monday Challenges/Meme is about SL Groups.
“Meme Instructions: Answer the following questions about groups and share some of your favs with us. Don’t forget to leave your link in the comments!”
- Have you reached the 42 group limit? I have, it did not take too long to be honest to get there!
- Do you do a lot of group hopping to keep up with all the groups you want to stay a part of? There is a couple of groups (free) that I hop in and out of, for special events or temporary groups that I need to join. Other than that, I am fairly constant in my groups as I have been in some for a very very long time.
- What makes you want to join a group? I am in a number of Blogger groups as I have been invited by the designers, like Berry they take up the most of my slots. The rest are Store or Event groups that I like or too concerned to leave just in case anything good comes up.
- A lot of store VIP groups have a group fee which you have to pay to join. How do you feel about paying group fees? I am not crazy about Group Fees, It feels like the designers are doing everything they can to get as many Lindens as possible out of us. Considering that I am a huge spending and very loyal to my favorite designers, I hate the idea of having to fork out more money than I already do buying all their stuff. Designer ought to reward loyalty, not make us pay for it! However, I have paid Group Fees (when they are not extortionate) for some designers that actually take the time to provide Group Gifts on a regular basis or some good incentives. I am not cheap, but I cannot abide people abusing my trust with greed!
- Name a few groups that you are a part of that you feel everyone should look into joining and share your reasons behind that:
- Maitreya VIP group is fab, love the clothing and shoes, and is free to join!
- “Gos Boutique Group is usually and currently only L$50 to join, however when he sends group gifts, the price gets raised to L$500. Also, Gos Boutique group members get a 10% discount on all purchases. So this is a group you want to join and stay in.” quoted from Berry!!!
- Mon Tissu Soiree is one of my favorite stores, and I am always looking forward for new releases, they do have a wall of Group Gifts, though not often renewed to my recollection.
- Glam Affair certainly one of my Top groups and designer as Aida produces in my humble opinion some of the best skins in SL. Ever since I fell in love with the Layla skin, there was no going back for me. Though I admit to straying with other skin makers at times! Aida does release Group Gift skins from time to time, so it’s not bad at all!
- Then, you have Groups like Celoe and [Elikatira] VIPs that are also designers that create content I am always rushing to get my hands on… At the end of the day, its all about love!
I tend to prefer to use “subscribomatic” systems when they are available over SL Groups cause, well they do take less group spaces and less of a burden to opt in and out of. I wish all Blogger Groups would switch to the PXL delivery system, cause it would sure free up a lot of my Group Slots and I would be able to join more!…
- Exile::Hold On Loosely
- Tee*fy Basic Knot T-Shirt White
- [monso] My Studded Shorts – Dark Blue (girls)
- ::HH:: Hucci Akita Suede Boots – Moonglow
- Izzie’s – Hole Bangles
- [LA] The Backstage – Multipose Prop for The 24